The hustle and bustle of the fall season is now in full drive. As the rushing to school, sports events or other important functions is on the fast track so may the attack on you and your families immune system. So this month let’s all commit to making ourselves a little healthier by choosing one or more of these healthy habits to practice regularly for a victoriously healthy season.
Set Course For 1 and Goal For Them All!:
- Sleep at least seven hours each night – Better sleep means a healthier immune system. Remember our brain and body recover from the day’s stresses while we sleep.
- Get Adjusted — Have you and your family’s spine and nervous system checked each week because your immune system is run by your central nervous system – Chiropractic kids are freakishly healthy — This is one great reason why!
- Avoid Sugar and Snacks – especially sugary, salty or fried foods, or foods with pesticides or preservatives in them. Kids will still get a ton of it at school unfortunately. However, limit it where you can. Steer your family towards fruit and vegetables instead. Get creative and save time with power smoothies.
- Reduce Dairy — Try using almond or rice milk instead. Take any child with asthma or ear infections off of dairy and they improve – just about every time. Add in some adjustments and the healing is even faster.
- Exercise Regularly — Make sure you and your kids exercise each day. Even better, do a small workout in the morning before school together that is fun. It immediately cuts down on whiny morning behavior and best of all It also gets their lymphatic systems moving which makes for healthier kids.
- Avoid Medications and Let Fevers Ride. When children do get colds, do not immediately lower their fevers. Comfort and love on them while they have the fever, and monitor them closely, but try not to lower it. The fever is the body’s way of combating the “bug” and learning how to protect itself in the future from the unwanted invader. Far to commonly we see that family’s that use fever reducing drugs often seem to have colds that last for a week or longer.
- Eat breakfast Every Morning – that’s why they call it “breaking the fast,” so get your day started with a healthy meal.
Questions? Just ask one of our Team Docs what he or she suggests, and travel the shortest distance to good health this fall!
Join Our Team!
Our Expert Team is ready, willing, and able to help you! Please ask one of our team members all of your important questions so that we can ensure that you can have prepare your immune system for the strongest fall season yet!